Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Code Adam


We had some errands to do and since the weather had been nice we decided to go get a kids a pool. Nothing special just something a little bigger than a wading pool but not crazy big to have to deal with it too much. The store of choice was Walmart. I hate that store and some of the people I see there creep me out. Anyways, they have good prices so you put on your big girl pants and deal with it.

Everything was going smoothly until I decided to take Knox out of the cart and let him walk around while Cory was busy talking with someone about a purchase we were making. Alyssa had got a little ahead of us and Knox decided to go the other direction. I told Alyssa to stop and she had looked at me smiled and turned the corner. UGH!

I picked Knox up and went to get her and she was gone. I probably wouldn't have worried as much but we were in a pretty gross store. Sorry but I hate Walmart. I knew she probably didn't get far but since I wasn't able to see her and being in such a huge store with creepy looking people in it I started to panic a little. I brought Knox back to Cory told him she was missing and went and found a clerk. When I found one and told her what happened she got a little rattled and made a phone call. Cory came by and headed outside to stand between the two exits. Thank goodness I wasn't by myself because we all know if someone had taken her and they get outside your chances of finding them drop significantly.

Anyhow they told me to go and wait in Customer Service because that's where she would be brought when she was found. I'm not sure exactly how long this all took it felt like a long time but after probably five minutes of waiting there I saw a young clerk bringing her up and Alyssa was smiling and had with her a pair of Rapunzel pajamas and underwear and was looking at the accessories. Really, she was shopping?! I called Cory and let him know and returned the items and we headed out to the car. I wanted to ring that little neck but was so very thankful she was alright and nothing had happened.

We have had talks with her about strangers and to never run away in stores or anywhere. Ah, the fun parts of being a parent! These pictures are from that day. One of our purchases was a little pool for the kids since we were having nice weather we wanted them to have some fun water play in the yard.

0 Comments: