Friday, June 17, 2011

Cannon Beach


This last week the kids and I got to spend the week in Cannon Beach. It worked out perfectly because I had been wanting to go at some point this summer and with our calendar getting pretty booked very fast I wasn't sure when it was going to be possible if at all. Than we got our chance. Nana Gail rents a place every year and invited us down there for a few days.

We headed down after dance practice on Monday and stayed one night in Longview visiting my parents. We had a nice time catching up and of course Alyssa loved all the attention while Knox loved a new place to tear apart.
Tuesday we head out and it was a very nice peaceful drive after I got over the Rainier Bridge, a.k.a. Lewis and Clark Bridge. I hate bridges every time I go over them my plans get sweaty and I start getting a little anxious. It's weird because I don't have issues with heights or water just dang bridges. It's weird. Anyhow, so after that the drive was beautiful and relaxing. We got down there early afternoon and enjoyed meeting up with everyone.

After relaxing for a little while and beating Judy at scrabble, hehe, we headed down to the beach for some fun sand time. Both kids seemed to really have a good time and after about 40 min it started raining and the wind picked up and we headed back in. Which was fine because Knox's mouth was really bothering him. He has six teeth coming in and possibly eight but it's hard for me to tell. He was a little uncomfortable.

We stayed for the next several days with more relaxing, fun scrabble games, beach time, and a good trip to the outlet mall in Seaside. It's kind of sad because the outlet mall now isn't really anything special with just a few stores to really check out. The funny thing is I have those same stores right in my backyard and never go to them until I'm out of town. I guess it's a little different when you are on vacation and go right?! I got the kids some great summer clothes which they will need for their vacations in hopes of finding some sun, which I know we will.

On Friday we made the long drive home and finally got their early evening. Traffic was a nightmare! From Fort Lewis until a little past Tacoma it was stop and go and when it did move was like going 20mph. Ugh! The kids were great as they always are in the car, thank goodness. Although I don't think we will get another beach trip in this summer, unless it's around here, I'm really trying to figure one out. I just wish there was more time!

0 Comments: