Thursday, May 5, 2011

Lake Chelan....Yes Please!

Cory and I celebrated our sixth anniversary last week and to celebrate we headed to Lake Chelan with some good friends of ours. It was a great weekend had by all. The weather was beautiful, wine delicious, and company perfect!

Our friends own a cabin over there on the lake and we have been trying to work out a time when we could all go over there and hang out. The timing was perfect for all of us because we all were in need of some much needed R&R..
We arrived over there late afternoon and once Cory and I got to the cabin we picked Doug and Carol up and headed out to pick up some wine for dinner. The big decision, the whole weekend, was what winery to go to first. We headed to Tsillan Cellars, where Cory and I are wine club members, and had a tasting and enjoyed a glass out on the patio and enjoyed the sun. After enjoying our first stop we headed to what probably is my next favorite winery, Karma. Again, we enjoyed another tasting along with a glass and some cheese and bread. It was getting late so we headed back and had a great dinner.

The next day we spent at the golf course hitting the driving range for awhile and than had a great lunch. We decided to head to the other side of the lake and go to Manson to hit up a few more of the wineries. I don't know what I loved more the delicious wine or the sun on my face. It is probably a toss up but both were good and I welcome them at anytime.

Once back at the cabin we hung out enjoying our time together. The next day we left and headed back to the west side of the mountains. It was a little depressing coming back after having such a great weekend and returned to reality and the rain. I'm looking forward to getting a girls trip over there and taking the kids too.

The kids had a great weekend staying at home with their Nana. I'm not sure who was more worn out when we got home but I'll just say everyone slept well that night!

0 Comments: