Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Break At Nana's


Alyssa finally got to go down to Longview and spend the week with her Nana's and Papa's. She was so excited to go and had a very busy week ahead of her. There was a lot of one on one time and time spent with her cousin.
By the end of the week I'm not sure who was more tired Alyssa or her Nana's. I can tell you who was more grump though!

We always meet halfway to do the "exchange" and this time the Spring Fair was going on in Puyallup. I saw that Alyssa's new love was going to be there so we decided to meet at the fair and see Dora! I was really excited to see Alyssa, since I hadn't seen her for four days, which isn't a whole lot but I missed my little Diva. She really wasn't all about me when she saw me until later,when her Nana wasn't around anymore. That is OK, since I got my hug and kiss.
The weather wasn't great at the fair but not horrible either. It was sprinkling but anything to see your child's favorite character of the moment right? We spent only about two hours there. When we went there we went and got in line for the big moment of Dora to come out and when she did Alyssa got her picture taken with her and was very excited. That is one of the things she hasn't stopped talking about is when she can go back to see Dora again. Afterwards we walked through some of the barns and checked out the animals and than made are way to get something to eat. The kids, well my kids, were tired and after lunch we decided that it was time to go. As we were heading out and Nolan and Alyssa were getting balloons from Nana we heard these very loud sounds. They were bringing all he Monster Trucks by us. Talk about being in the right spot at the right time. Like Alyssa would say they were loud! When that excitement was over we headed back to the cars and moved Alyssa's belongings from one vehicle to another and than we were all headed back home.

Knox had a good week while his sister was gone as well. He had free reign of the house! There was no one to tell him "no" and/or take toys away from him or anything. Most importantly he got 100% of his mommy's attention. It was nice to have some alone time with him and be able to focus all on him.

Hopefully there will be more Spring Breaks spent with their Nana's and Papa's, I know Alyssa loves it!

0 Comments: