Friday, December 24, 2010

Stitches

Last Friday Cory started his vacation and it was off to a good start. He came home and got a nap in with Alyssa while Knox and I went to the doctors and ran some errands. That evening we made a great dinner, wine, and decided to watch a family movie Toy Story 3, who would have thought, the movie got over and we were getting ready to go to bed.

Alyssa was bugging Harley. That poor dog puts up with a lot from her. She continued to bug him and after several times of letting her know to stop he turned and growled at her and while doing this actually got her face. I know several people are saying oh my gosh get rid of the dog. first of all he did not attack her which is a HUGE difference. After it happened and she started to cry he immediately backed down and looked at her like oh crap I got you.

I brought Alyssa into the kitchen after I saw the blood and Cory immediately said
that we needed to get her to the ER. After getting our neighbor over to watch Knox we were off! Alyssa was in good spirits she wasn't crying and even in the waiting room was playing and running around.

She was a great patient and wasn't the least bit scared at all. I only think that because I don't think she knew exactly what was coming. While waiting she enjoyed playing with the t.v. and flipping through the channels. When it was time to start the stitches and they wrapped her up in a sheet she was not OK with that. Like anyone would she started to scream. They unwrapped her and the nurse went and got a few more people to help hold her down. We waited for several more minutes and by this time I had to go to the bathroom so I went to find one. On my way out, I heard her screaming for her Mommy! I hurried back into there and saw five nurses plus Cory holding her down. I joined in and let her know I was there. She was crying and doing good. The nurses started talking to her about all kinds of stuff and of all things that calmed her down was when one of them brought up the cartoon Cailou. Who would have thought!

Afterwards she was in great spirits. She got a purple Popsicle and we headed out as she said bye to everyone! We went to get her prescription filled and Cory got her cookies. They told us that we couldn't get it wet and had to keep it bandaged so she wouldn't pick at it. I thought yeah right, but she has done great she hasn't bothered it at all!

We didn't get home until after midnight and we had to wash her blanket so we let her sleep with us that night. She was all excited about that. I was a little worried how she was going to be with Harley but when we got home she gave him a hug and told him hello. She has also been running around the house saying I love you Harley. I'm so glad!

As I write this she has already had the stitches out and the doctor has said it looks great. We are going to be putting stuff on it for awhile so it doesn't scar. For as bad as it seemed it looks amazing and I'm very proud of her. Besides all the goodies she got we took her to Target and let her pick out a "Barbie" she wanted an orange one. Low and behold she found one. She picked out Belle that was wearing an orange and yellow dress. I didn't realize it at the time but it's a bathtub doll. she had to wait to use it for a few days but it hasn't left her side. She loves all the princess's especially Belle!

0 Comments: