Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Part One


Christmas day was such a great relaxing day for us. Cory had to work but got off at noon that day and the rest of his vacation for the year started. He told me to have the kids open their stockings in the morning and we would do the rest of the presents when he got home.

I woke up early probably because of all the anticipation, but my children slept in so finally around 8:00 Knox woke up and about forty minutes later I went and woke Alyssa up because I was ready to get some presents opened!


She was very cute when she looked at the plate of cookies and the one Santa had taken a bite out of. We walked over to the stockings and she pointed and said "look Mama!" I gave her the stockings and she handed one to Knox. I told her that these were from Santa.

Pulling out some of the stuff she was excited but than she came to a purple wrapped box. She opened it up and I wish I could have got it on tape. She was thrilled. She
just kept saying "purple barbie" over and over. She even told Santa thank you.

Cory got home at noon and we opened up the rest of the presents and after that everyone went and took a nice long nap. I myself stayed up prepared dinner and relaxed with some peace and quiet! We had a simple but delicious dinner, apple smoked ham, asparagus, and rosemary potatoes, due to the fact that we were going to
be out of town for the next few days.

We decided again this year that we were only going to buy for the kids. It worked out really well. I did end up getting Cory a little something while he gave me a huge surprise in the following days.

0 Comments: