Friday, October 1, 2010

Eat, Spa, and Wine....Mama's Getaway


Every few months Cory and I make it a point to getaway with the girls / guys or with each other. My time came and I was Napa bound for the weekend and extended it a little longer in San Francisco.

Napa was great and everything I expected it to be. After doing wine tasting in Washington you kind of think it would be a little similar and for the most part it was except for the distance between wineries. We went out in what I guess you call downtown Napa which has great tasting rooms and restaurants. We had a great time with lots of laughs. I'm still laughing about the cowboy with the jacked up teeth, do you know what a douchebag is? We didn't have dinner.

Saturday we enjoyed our morning in the spa. What a morning! Before my massage, we hung out in the steam room. I personally think every house should have their own cave steam room. Talk about a relaxing detoxifying morning.

Before we left on Sunday Nicole and I managed to stop at a few wineries on our way out of town. We stopped at Mondavi, Gloria Ferrer, and another one. All with
beautiful grounds. I would have to say Mondavi was my favorite although the others were more beautiful this one was a little more laid back and relaxing. That fits my personality.

After stopping we decided to head into the city because it was blazing hot and new it would be a little cooler there. We weren't sure exactly how hot it was because the car temperature was in Celsius and you know us silly Americans refuse to join the rest of the world and get on with the metric system. All we knew was it was HOT!

My tour guide first had us stop at the Golden Gate Bridge for some breathtaking photos. It was absolutely amazing and a lot cooler! Than she took me on a little tour through the city, showing me different areas. A lot of them we saw the next day on foot. We were driving through and realized there was some festival going on and than Nicole realized it was the S&M festival. All I'm going to say is that I saw some interesting stuff and I'm not talking about the hardware.

The next day we were up early and down at the waterfront. We tried to get tickets to Alcatraz but they were sold out until the next day, which wouldn't work. That was OK because there is always next time! The waterfront was great, Ghirardelli Square was good, riding the trolley car standing in front was fun and Lombard street cool. I would love to live on that street but not sure about getting into my driveway along with the price! The food is amazing there and so is the transportation system. Overall I would say it's a great city and I can't wait to go back. Although I love
the city at heart I'm a rural kind of girl.

Getting away was good and relaxing but I missed my family and was just as excited to get back. I realized though once I returned there was no easing into things but thrown back right into the chaos. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

0 Comments: