Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Alyssa's First Trip To The Dentist


For the last six months I have been meaning to make Alyssa a dentist appointment and just never did. I know talking with my dentist they recommend when they first start getting teeth to go but I decided to wait and thought two was a good age to go. At two and a half my little girl had her first appointment.

I talked with a friend who recommended this great place in Everett the Children's Dental Center. After checking out their website I decided it looked like a cool place to go and called them up. They were wonderful on the phone and answered all my questions. To my surprise they had an opening this week! The place was amazing. In the lobby there is a tree the kids can play on and is decorated in a jungle theme. It was the coolest and relaxing place for a child who was about to go get their mouth worked on by strangers!


After filling out all the paperwork after arriving. They came out and got us. I had to laugh because at first the lady was just going to take Alyssa be herself. Alyssa wasn't having any of it and frankly I wasn't OK with that either. After all she is only two and a half! Well once we got back there Alyssa picked out her toothbrush and toothpaste, purple and grape if you were wondering.

We headed back to where her exam would take place. She got up in the chair a movie was put on, Finding Nemo, and than she decided she didn't want to be in the chair
but on my lap. Which worked perfectly. The Hygienist explained everything to Alyssa as she was doing it. The dentist came in and checked Alyssa out. She was surprised she already had all her teeth, her molars and she had no cavities. The dentist asked what are tooth brushing routine was and she said great job and to keep it up. I had to give myself a little pat on the back.

After she left the Hygienist than proceeded to clean Alyssa's teeth. Alyssa did a great job and even tried to answer her questions it was pretty funny. I was very proud of her because I'm sure it probably was a little scary. She did great and her first trip to the dentist was a pleasant one. We will be back in six months! The end was probably Alyssa's favorite part when she got her princes sticker, purple bracelet, floss, brush, bag and a little mirror.

Cory actually was home at noon today so we went out to lunch and hung out as a family. It was great for all of us to be together for once. We decided that we were going to take her out for ice cream for being such a brave girl and than some time at the park. It was a great day for her!

0 Comments: