Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Morning at Jennings Park


Monday morning after gymnastics it was a beautiful day and was supposed to be the last of the week, so I thought I would head to Jennings Park in Marysville and check it out. I had heard great stuff about it but had never been there myself. To my surprise it was an amazing park just minutes from my house. It's beautiful, with trails, lots of picnic spots, two parks and a fishing pond for kids! I guess in the summer they have concerts and movies there as well.
We first headed over to the Dinosaur Park. It's pretty small and for younger kids but I thought it was cute and Alyssa got a kick out of the dinosaurs. Of course she enjoyed the swings as usual. She calls them "we's." After playing there for awhile we headed over to the fishing pond and took a stroll. We saw some fish jumping out of the water and Alyssa actually did stop and smell some of the flowers. I tell you though the place has some hills and when Alyssa wanted in the stroller I didn't
realize that I would be pushing approx. 50lbs up the paths! YIKES! After that we headed over to the big park where we played for awhile longer and met some nice moms and their kids. Alyssa is so brave. Forget the small slides she always heads on over to the big ones and goes down just loving it. Some might disagree but I'm so glad she is fearless to a point!

Knox had his two month check up on Tuesday. I didn't go because I was home sick in bed so he got to spend some quality time with his dad. Well, Knox has gained two more pounds and grown two more inches! Averaging two a month, which puts him at 23 inches and 11.7lbs. He is only around the 40th percentile but considering how small he was when he was born I think that is a lot!

Alyssa and him are getting along better. She asks to hold him on her lap more and the other night she was reading him one of her books and he smiled at her. It's so cute to watch them together. I know though there will be many times they will "hate" each other these ones are precious. It was funny because Alyssa hasn't showed many obvious signs of jealousy but the other night I was holding him and she said baby and pointed to the swing. So I put Knox into his swing and let her sit in my lap and he started crying and I asked her if Mommy could hold baby. She promptly said "NO" and when asked if I should hold her, she said "Yeah"

I'm pretty excited because I think I have found the preschool where Alyssa will be attending. I'm in two mom's groups and one of them put the info on our message board about a co-op preschool here in Lake Stevens. I'm not sure how I feel about the co-op setting but we will see. The one thing that I like is they have a toddler program that she can start in the fall. It's one day a week for 1 1/2 hrs and I can bring Knox! That obviously is a huge bonus! So hopefully I will be able to meet up with the instructor and take a tour. I was supposed to go the other day but was sick. Tomorrow I'm gonna try and stop by after our Farm Tour.

Alyssa and Knox have a birthday party that they are invited to this weekend which should be a lot of fun. It's at the fire department at Paine Field. It will be interesting to see what they do or how it's set up, but whatever it is I'm sure all the kids will have a great time!
This last picture is of Alyssa wearing Cory's work boots. Yes, I know it's obvious and probably not the most sanitized thing for her to be wearing, but I thought it was cute! Let me just say too that it was early in the morning and I don't think she was too happy with me taking her picture!

0 Comments: