Sunday, May 23, 2010

An Afternoon Celebrating at Paine Field Fire Station


Today we got to go celebrate my friend Becky's sons' birthdays at the fire station at Paine Field. Her son Travis turned three and it was Jake's first birthday! They are within days of each other so she had a joint party.
I wasn't quite sure what to expect. For I had never heard of a fire station letting you have a party there but was really excited to see what it would entail!
The fire station tour was pretty amazing. It took about an hour and is a fairly new station so everything was pretty modern or I should say up to date. We got to see their bedrooms, which were pretty roomy, the night watch area, kitchen with the huge 50' (I think) screen television with the recliners in a semi circle around it. After this we went outside and got to see the Engine Truck and the Foam Truck. Not sure if that is the appropriate name "foam" but I can't remember. Anyhow they showed us everything about the trucks and their bunker gear. They than brought the "foam" truck out and sprayed water for all of us. We than headed back inside for a little more information and than it was cake time!
Becky did a great job for the cake and Jake even got his own. Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. I couldn't help but laugh as I was getting the tour because after working for the SPD and the Harbor Unit with the huge riff between them and the fire department some of the stuff was just funny and brought back memories of another life. Got me thinking that I should have our next playdate at the Harbor Unit!

0 Comments: