Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Day


Alyssa awoke this morning to find that the Easter Bunny came and left a basket at the bottom of the stairs for her. As she was walking down her eyes got so big and she looked at me with this look as of to say, "Is that for me?" and continued on down. She promptly sat at the bottom of the stairs and started to take everything out and examine each thing carefully.
I had decided not to put too much stuff in because I knew she would be getting spoiled by the Grandparents in the days to come. The E. Bunny had left Alyssa some sidewalk chalk, candy and of course a new toothbrush to go with it all. I'm not sure what she liked more the toothbrush or the candy. If you know Alyssa....she LOVES to brush her teeth! She was very cute. As she took out one of the chocolate bunny's she started to unwrap it and than looked at me questioningly and I told her to go ahead and eat it. She was very excited about this, it's not to often she gets chocolate that early in the morning! It's probably not a good idea either because she refused to eat her favorite breakfast that morning as well and just wanted her candy!
Later on that day we all packed up and headed into Seattle for a wonderful dinner made by G. Grammy. She is such a good cook and was so good to spend some time with her and her with the kids. Alyssa adores her, although she is being shy around her when she first sees her for awhile, and I know Knox will as well when he gets a little older. It seemed that the E. Bunny had made a stop at Grammy's as well and left some stuff for the kids. Alyssa honed in on that right away and started digging for the chocolate. The peeps still aren't a favorite but those chocolate eggs you couldn't get away from her. We had dinner a little while later and it was simple but perfect, ham, green beans and spoon bread with wine. I'm happy to say this time I was able to enjoy a little vino myself!
We headed home around four or so because both Cory and I were exhausted, him from working and me, well from working as well. Throughout the day we got some great pictures to remember Easter 2010!

0 Comments: