Friday, April 2, 2010

Back to reality


Today Cory had to go back to work after having twenty days off. It was so nice having him home and although we didn't win the lottery I'm thankful he has a good job to provide for his family and make it possible for me to stay home and raise our family.
So today I ventured out with both kids for the first time by myself. Well it was actually the second time because the first I went to a friends house for a play date. I took the kids to the mall to get their picture taken with the Easter Bunny. I was actually really proud of myself because we got up at eight and were out of the door by nine thirty. Yes, I was showered and dressed as well as the kids and fed. We were going to go to Everett Mall but diverted to Alderwood with the down pour we were having and no parking garages in Everett. It worked out beautifully. Both kids were well behaved and Alyssa loved the Easter Bunny. Overall I would consider it a success even though I do realize not every time will be that way especially with a very sassy two year old in tow!`
I was planning on taking Alyssa on an Easter egg hunt but with the weather like it is I think we will forgo it this year and stay home and color eggs. We are going to Great Grammy's for dinner which will be good to spend some time with her.
Knox and Alyssa are continuing to do well. We are heading down to Longview next week over night to see my nephew and his family. We can't wait to see them and let the kids play together.
So while Cory was off he grew a goatee, which he normally does when he is off. Well, I'm not sure if it was Nicole or someone else but had suggested for him to leave a mustache when he had to shave it off, because Seattle doesn't allow them. Well I was trying to convince him to leave it on for one day when he went back to work and he wouldn't but did let me take a picture with it. Hilarious!
I went back to the gym today. It's been almost three weeks since Knox was born and I decided that I needed to get back in there. I took it easy but it sure felt good and I can already tell my legs and stomach are going to be sore tomorrow. I look forward to getting into shape, especially since it was one of my new years resolutions.

1 Comment:

Nicole said...

Classy! I love the stache! I think he should keep it! hahaha