Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!


My birthday was yesterday and originally Cory had to go back to work that night/morning so we were going to celebrate on Monday instead.
He had been asking me what I wanted to do and since being pregnant a lot of the stuff I do enjoy doing is somewhat hard to do pregnant or I can't/shouldn't do at all. After much thought I decided I wanted to go see the movie Avatar at IMAX/3D at the Seattle Center and go out to dinner afterwards. I know it's dorky but it really was an amazing movie. Not so much the movie itself but the effects. Just to say we were probably the most "normal" people there. I felt like I was at a Star Trek convention or something. No offense to anyone out there who enjoys that type of thing. Afterwards we went over to Racha and had some Thai food and afterwards to the Melting Pot for their dessert. Which was amazing as always!
Last week Cory received an email from his Sgt. that one of his denied vacation days
was now approved. We were really excited because that meant we could go out on my actual birthday as well! We spent the day running around doing errands, baking, cleaning, and basically getting ready for Christmas. That evening though we had a family dinner out and Alyssa and Cory surprised me by getting an ice cream cake for me. I haven't actually had a birthday cake for years and it was a nice surprise!
On Christmas Eve I get to go see the Rockettes, which I can't wait for, which was a birthday present from Cory's parents. It's been a fun week and I can't wait for Christmas morning for Alyssa to see all her goodies from Santa!

0 Comments: