Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve and Day and after


The holidays are finally winding down and what a whirlwind it has been! I'll start off with Christmas Eve first. That morning I got Alyssa up early and packed the car up and took Harley into the kennel and we headed into Seattle. G. Grammy was going to babysit while I went to see The Rockettes. Cory's parents got me tickets to go see them at The Paramount Theatre. It was a phenomenal show! Gail and I headed downtown around ten in the morning and did some shopping and lunch. I got some of the cutest clothes for the baby. I'm getting so excited! After lunch we walked to the theatre for the show. It lasted for about two hours and was worth every penny.
Once we sat down, which our seats were great, eighth row, the lady next to me asked me if I had ever been to a show before. I told her I hadn't and she told me her son was one of the dancers. We started to talk and she was talking about the life of a dancer. It's amazing the work they put in, the hours, and years of school and tryouts. After that we headed back up to Grammys where Cory had already picked Alyssa up and I visited a little while with Tyson, Amanda and Nolan. Once I got home I was exhausted from being up since around 5:30 in the morning and walking around. I was hoping to get a good nights sleep but I was wrong!
Christmas morning came way too fast! I was up and showered by 6:30 and already getting the house prepared for the family.
My parents showed up early and I was so thankful for that. My mom helped me get my applesauce going, she pealed all the apples. We all hung out until Alyssa got up and we started to open presents, which we ended up doing throughout the day, because of her big hall! Cory's parents and brother's family arrived early morning and we had a good time hanging out until the rest of the family arrived. Later that afternoon G. Grammy, G. Uncle George, and Aunt Judy and Uncle Tony all arrived. It was a great day hanging with the family and watching the kids play and opening all their presents. The last of the family ended up leaving around seven or so and I was exhausted.
Two days of being on my feet all day was starting to catch up with me. My legs were aching from the knees down, feet swollen, throbbing and red. They still hurt today!
The next day we met my parents and Cory's for breakfast at the hotel and afterwards said goodbye to mine while Cory's stayed for another day. Gail and I ended up cleaning house and putting away all the Christmas decorations. It feels so good to get the house back to "normal"
Cory and I both thought this was one of our best Christmas' in a long time!

0 Comments: