Monday, November 23, 2009

Seattle Childrens Museum


This last Friday Cory was off and we decided to head into Seattle and take Alyssa to the Seattle Center and go to the Children's Museum. We picked up G. Grammy along the way to go with us. I was really excited because they had a Sesame Street exhibit going on that I knew Alyssa would like because she LOVES Elmo!
We had a blast! Alyssa is at the perfect age now where I don't have to help her as much and I can let her run around and explore on her own. It was so much fun watching her. She got to crawl through whales, play in water, look at "real" fish, play in boats and cars, make noise on the drums, and go down Sesame Street. Her absolute favorite was playing in the grocery store. She grabbed the cart and was gone. She just started putting grocery's in it and when I asked her to put a specific item back she grabbed exactly that. How brilliant!!! After about ten minutes in there I decided it was time to move on. I should have ran that by her first because she was not ready to go yet. She threw a little tantrum. I think I know what we will be getting her for Christmas though!
We spent a couple hours there and afterwards went upstairs and had lunch at the restaurant. She spent her time coloring and actually broke her first plate! The waitress was so nice she didn't seem fazed and even brought Alyssa some cookies with whipped cream on them. Alyssa loved the whip cream!
We finally left after lunch and headed back home after dropping off G. Grammy. Alyssa and I were both exhausted. I can't wait to take her back and spend the day there this summer when the weather is a little nicer. We all had a blast and I think G. Grammy especially. She used to take Cory and his brother there when they were little so Im sure it brought back a ton of memories.

0 Comments: