Thursday, September 24, 2009

Summers over


Well It's hard to believe that summer has already come and gone. Cory has been busy working Mariner's and thankfully they are coming to an end. It will be nice to have him home again and not feel like a single parent!
A few weeks ago at the end of August we went to the Cougar Mountain Zoo in Issaquah. From the website it looked like a pretty neat place to take kids. We got to see a lot of birds, some tigers, reindeer and lemurs and other small animals. The place isn't really that big and for the time it took us to drive there and the price I probably wouldn't go back. Although they have holiday festivities in December and you get your picture taken with Santa in his sleigh. It
looked pretty cool, I don't know if the reindeer get to be in the picture though which is even better.
Alyssa has been busy with all of her play dates and such. We are getting ready for Halloween. She has two party's to attend so far! I swear she has a better social calendar than I! Anyhow it will be fun and I'm really enjoying it. Holidays are so much more fun with little ones. She is going to be wonder woman for Halloween.
Cory went out quading with some of his friends a few weeks ago and had a blast. Cory's had got a flat tire and so his buddy let him ride his for a little while, which is the same one as his, and here is a video of what happened. If the link doesn't work, just copy and paste it. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkHBSqDHQ4s
Well if you haven't already heard the news Alyssa is going to have a little brother or little sister! That's right, we are having another baby! We are 14 weeks along and supposedly due April 1 but I'm measuring bigger than expected and no it's not twins, thank goodness! We will know more at our next ultra-sound. I think the due date will be sometime in the last two weeks of March. I'm no doctor but I was there and think I can do the math : ) I've been feeling OK. My biggest complaint is my back bothering. My sciatic nerve is killing me! I ended up going to the chiropractor, which I wasn't a big believer in, but OMG it was the best! It's still bothering me a little but I have another appointment tomorrow. It's so much better than what it was! Along with all my other back/shoulder/neck pain and tightness.
This next week we have several play dates, with Alyssa's play group, G. Grammy, and my friends Dawn, Mandy and her son Owen. Owen and Alyssa are two months apart and are just so cute! I wished we lived closer to them! Hmmmm...what are we going to do about that ;)

1 Comment:

Chris and Mandy said...

I was given three different due dates. I kept telling my doctor "there's no way it's that late.. I should know, I was there!". But she was going by ultrasound measurements. Didn't matter anyway when the rugrat came way early. Regardless, it's SO cool that we're pregnant together! Can't wait to see you in a few days :) And I know how to fix the distance issue.. move down here. The only empty lot on our street is right next to us. Also has a nice view of Rainier :)