Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Catch up time


It's been awhile since I have posted anything and thought I should do so while I had a minute or two.
At the end of August Cory had a staycation and spent most of the time fishing. That weekend we had family up and took everyone out to the Crabpot on the Seattle waterfront. It's a great restaurant and had a lot of fun, especially since it was a beautiful day. Prior to as we headed into Seattle we stopped at Trophy's and got us all cupcakes for dessert. If you have never had these they are truly wonderful my only beef with them is too much frosting. I'm not a fan. They come in so many wonderful flavors and are honestly probably some of the best I have ever had.
The rest of the week like I mentioned Cory spent it fishing with friends. I was able to go out with him one day and enjoyed it so much. I miss spending time on the water. I miss our bigger boat, hopefully one day we will have another one, but the fishing boat works for now. We caught seven fish that day, got a little burned, and enjoyed the peace. We also headed up to Baker Lake to check out camping spots that we are still trying to make plans to go do. Although it doesn't look like it's going to happen this year : (
Other than that we have just been doing stuff around the house, small projects and such and running Alyssa from activity to activity. I swear that girl has a busy social calendar!
She had her 18 month check up and everything looked good. She got four shots and will have to go back in, in October for her flu shots including the Swine flu. She
weighed 28lbs, which puts her in the 90th percentile but her height she is only in the 50th percentile. Which surprised us but the doctor said not to worry she is def. going to sprout up! She amazes me everyday with the stuff she knows. I will ask her if she has a poopy diaper and she will say yeah and grab my hand or just walk to the stairs to go get it changed. She absolutely loves to read and when we were over at her G. Grammy's she picked up the Newsweek and started looking through it. It was pretty cute. She grabbed it, sat down on the floor, turned the magazine the correct direction and started turning pages. I think she is brilliant but again I'm a little biased. She has finished her second round of swim lessons. I probably wont sign her up again until she is closer to three and than will be able to move on to the next class where they actually start learning skills.
My mom is coming up next week to spend a few days with us and we are going to go see Wicked for her birthday. I can't wait. I saw it in April and it was wonderful so I hope she likes it as much as I do. Than we will head down to Longview for the weekend.

1 Comment:

Mandy said...

I love Alyssa's boots in that last picture!