Saturday, November 29, 2008

Vacation Week


What a busy and fun week we have had so far. On Monday Cory and I went up to Vancouver B.C. to watch the Vancouver Canucks play. That is hockey for those of you who don't know. It was a blast. I had never been to an NHL game before so I was in for a treat. It was an incredible game. We saw a few fights and it went into OT. The Canucks and it was a blast! Before the game we checked out the team store and purchased some goodies. We got Alyssa a little sippy cup and a jersey. I love it up there! I can't wait to get Alyssa her passport and take her up there possibly this summer and go to some of our favorite places and the aquarium. They have beluga whales up there that are fabulous!
When we were gone Alyssa's Grandma Gail watched her and they had some good "girl time" together.
When we returned we had a busy time getting everything ready for Thanksgiving dinner. We had it at our house this year and had the family over. It was a good time although not everyone was able to be there that we wanted. We got to talk with Alyssa's Aunt Mandy that morning on the computer so they could see each other. I have enjoyed doing this a lot it makes it so nice for the two of us to be able to see the kids that way. Cory deep fried two turkeys and they were FABULOUS! They were the most moist turkeys that I think I can say I have ever had. Everyone had a great time of football and great food. Alyssa was also the life of the party. Since her 9 month checkup we have been pretty much giving her everything that we eat for meals. She got a turkey and sweet potato dinner, and for dessert she got my homemade pumpkin cheesecake. Which she LOVED!!!
On Friday my mom, Cory's mom and I put up the Christmas tree and decorations while the men put up the outside lights. It was great we listened to Christmas music had our coffee, chatted, and decorated. Yeah Cory and I are lame we have a fake tree. The both of us must be meant for each other, because we love having one and sitting by the fire around it but we hate the mess! Cory and I also were able to go out and get all of Alyssa's Christmas shopping done!
Saturday my parent's headed home after they took us all out for breakfast. Thank you mom and dad! We then headed to Woodinville to the Hanna Anderson Outlet. I needed to get Alyssa a snow outfit because we are going to be going to Leavenworth with some friends at Christmas for a few days. This was a huge mistake! We went there and the Oshkosh store and they had fantastic sales. We got her the snow outfit along with several others.

Alyssa still isn't crawling but she is trying her hardest. I really think it will be any day now. She's getting up on all fours and even moving a few steps but than falling back down frustrated. She has a fifth tooth coming in and has a very hard bite! She amazes me day after day and I am so blessed for such a wonderful little girl!
Here are some more pictures from our vacation week.



















0 Comments: