Thursday, July 17, 2008

Woodland Park Zoo










Today Alyssa and I went to the zoo for the first time with my good friend Katie and her son Ian. We had a great time. The weather was perfect, cloudy and cool in the morning but not too cold and nice and sunny in the afternoon but not too hot. It was great I haven't been to the zoo in years! Not too sound cheesy and I'm going too but it's great that they have a place that you can go and see animals that you probably would never get to see otherwise. Anyhow I knew Alyssa probably wasn't going to get really anything from the trip, except her stuffed elephant, but still thought that it would be a good time and nice to get out of the house and in the fresh air for awhile. I got some great pictures of the animals that I didn't think would turn out that great because of the glass but you can't even tell. I guess my camera isn't that bad after all! The animals that I think Alyssa saw were the Komodo dragon, giraffe, and the elephant. It was kind of funny because he/she was walking back and forth and when he/she passed us Alyssa's eyes got big. So I think she saw the elephant or she was having something big in her pants going on. The animals that I liked were the monkeys, I've always liked them, and the bears. They weren't as cooperative today as I would have liked them to be but at least I got to see them. The lion was great to see. It's amazing how big they are. I definitely wouldn't want to get stuck alone with one. Katie was telling me how the last time when she was in the den the lion actually roared and shook the glass and all. That would be incredible to hear. It was great because the lion stuck his head up as the lioness walked by and she opened up her mouth, I think they were flirting, and had the biggest teeth! Anyhow it was great to take her there and I can't wait for us to go again.
This week we had a little devestating situation. Well it was more devastating for me than anything. Harley ate Alyssa's Little Duck book. It's her favorite and her Grandma Richter had got it for her. She laughs everytime I read it to her and grabs on to it etc. So the next day I had to go out and find another one. This is something that will NOT become a habit whenever Harley ruins something because I am sure this is not the last! Anyhow I found one and got four more in the series. They are really cute and simple books but I enjoy reading to her and she appears to like it as well.
This weekend we are headed down to Longview for Alyssa's cousins first birthday and her grandmother's retirement party! It will be another good weekend seeing the family!

0 Comments: