Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A relaxing vacation



We've had a busy week. Tuesday July 1st Alyssa attended her first Mariner's game. Unfortunately Cory didn't get to enjoy it with us, we was working it. We had great seats in the Club section, had two fly balls hit right by us, and we sang and danced in the seven inning stretch. Alyssa fell asleep about the 8th inning. I forgot my camera which never happens but luckily my friend Joy had hers with her. The Mariners actually won so I think she might have been good luck!
On Thursday we ended up going over to Grammys house for a great dinner. She fixed ribs, potatoes and cole slaw with ice cream and strawberries for dessert. She is a FABULOUS cook! It was a very good time. We got over there and she watched Alyssa for an hour or so and Cory and I went and got a drink at the Magnolia Pub where our friend is the cook. We visited there for awhile. We then went and checked out this baby store in the village that had the most adorable things. We didn't buy anything but I'm sure I will be back. When we got back to the apartment Uncle George with there with his friend Phylis. It was great seeing them and having them spend some time with Alyssa.

For the 4th of July we stayed around the area for the first time in a long time. We went to a friends party and hung out for awhile and had great food. Cory and I ended up coming home early and not watching the fireworks there but it ended up being a good thing. When we got home we watched the Tulalip show from our front porch and the Everett show. We forgot that you can see them from the front of our house and we don't have to deal with all the crowds so we decided next year the party is here. The "shows" were great they went on for quite awhile. The Tulalip one never seemed to end. Alyssa missed out on it all. She was sleeping and didn't seem to be bothered by all the noises going on around her.
The next day we headed down to Longview for my dad's birthday. We had a great day. We hung out with my brother, parents, and Cory's parents were even able to come by. My mom cooked a great meal and on my sisters break from the hospital she snuck over for a few minutes to see her niece.



On Tuesday we headed out to Kayak Point for a picnic and some sun. Cory and I love going out there it's so peaceful and that's usually the place where we go crabbing. Alyssa enjoyed it but not as much as our dog Harley who played in the water and got to walk along and see all the kids and the chipmunk who was stealing food from people. Harley was making us laugh because this was the furthest that he has ever got into the water. He kept batting at it to see how deep it was. He was exhausted that night which was good because he only has two speeds so anything to wear him out.

Cory and I took Alyssa for her first trip to the park we brought dinner out there and ate it by the lake and then went and swung for a little while. It brought back memories for both of us how we used to see how high you could get on the swing and then jump off. I don't think I would do it now, falling hurts a lot more when your older! Cory's on vacation for a few more days and we have some fun things planned. Tomorrow we are having a seafood cookout at our house and Friday we are having a date night and going out to dinner at the Melting Pot. Which I can't wait for it's the best restaurant ever!

0 Comments: