Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Funny memory

The other day I was coming home and was stuck behind a school bus. Having to stop several times on the juant back home I noticed that when the kids got off of the bus most of them would run to wherever they were going. I thought this was kind of funny. What were they running from or too? I put myself back at the age and remembered what my friends and I ran home too. That was "Days" or for those of you who don't know "Days of Our Lives." Yes a soap opera.

Now since I am a stay at home mom I have vowed not to get caught back up into a day time soap. I am not knocking them or anyone who watches them because god knows I have watched my share and sometimes life it self feels like a soap opera! I was just remembering my group of friends all watched the same soap and would discuss it at school and couldn't wait for the big friday cliff hanger where we were usually together watching at someones house.

The other day I happened to have the television on waiting for the Martha Stewart show to start. Days was on and I caught the last five or so minutes. I promise that's as long as it was. I saw "Patch" or Steven whatever he is going by these days and Kayla, it made me laugh to think these characters were brought back too the show. They were one of the reasons I liked the show and stopped watching when they left.

That brought me back to the store a few weeks ago when I saw a magazine at the check-out counter and it said something about Vanessa Marcil coming back to "GH" that's General Hospital. I got really excited because I watched that soap in college and loved her character and her relationship with Sonny. I almost bought the magazine to see if it was true and thought "hmmm....maybe I will start watching again." Well I didn't and I am not going to start watching the daytime soaps again, but I thought it was interesting how kids running off of a bus could trigger such memories.

I wonder if Alyssa will run home too. Maybe she too will run home to watch her favorite soap or maybe she will run home just to see her mom and dad!

0 Comments: