Sunday, April 21, 2013

Guess Who Is Three!

I can't believe my little ball of energy is 3 already!  He is such a wonderful little boy who amazes me all the time.  He melts my heart when he will tell me, " Mom, I love you to the moon and back."  This is something the kids and I always say to each other.

On his actual birthday it was going to be a nice relaxing family day with swim in the morning and then just us celebrating during the day.  Plans changed.  I ended up getting food poisoning the night before so Cory took the day off and actually spent time with the kids down in Seattle celebrating with Great Grammy.  It made me sad to miss his first swim lesson that morning, but Cory took pictures for me.  It was a little foreshadowing of what life will be like at times when I go back to work.  More on that later.  The plan was to have a family party on Sunday but that changed as well due to illness but my parents were still able to come up.

This year we decided to throw him a party with all of his friends.  In the past we have just had it at the house so this was his first "big" party.  I was having a hard time figuring out where to have it.  There were a lot of good places but looking at cost etc. it was a little hard.  I finally decided on ice skating.  I took a chance since I had never taken the kids before and with the age of him and some of the others wasn't sure how it would work out.  It was a blast!

Everyone had a great time and both my kids keep talking about going back!  My only complaint about having it there is it's not very organized or has a lot of room for the party guests to celebrate.  All of Knox's friends came and had a great time.  It was a little hard to get many pictures but we managed a few of them.   Afterwards we had some friends come back to the house and hang out for a little while and the kids all played.  Then literally right after they left my parents showed up.

 The kids had a great day!  I was still a little wore out and not feeling 100%.  We just relaxed at home, ordered dinner in, visited and played.  I think his 3rd birthday was a great success!







0 Comments: