Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Valentines Day And Hockey

Another Hallmark Holiday has come and gone.  I'm not a huge Valentines Day fan just because I don't think you need just one day to be told how much you are loved or whatever.  It should happen several times throughout the year!  With saying this we did celebrate a little just because it's fun with the kids.

Alyssa had her party at school that Wednesday and was so excited about it.  I love this age!  Since she had swim on Valentines day we got pizza for dinner and of course the kids got some little gifts that they loved.  Cory and I weren't going to do anything but he surprised me with a nice bottle of wine that I like.  We had plans to go out to dinner the next night so we kind of used that as our celebration. 

Saturday our friends invited us to go to hockey with them.  They have season tickets right behind the penalty box of the visiting team.  Cory and I both love going to sporting events and wished we had more time to go and enjoy it.  We were excited to go and the kids were as well.  Both of them have been in the past and I was excited to finally get them to a game this year.

Knox was really into it until the last period where he then wanted to go to the bathroom every few minutes.  Which he never used just wanted to go wander around.  At the end of the second period the ref/official gave  Knox the game puck.  It was pretty cool and he was very cute about it.  Alyssa was a little upset she didn't get one but such is life!  I did explain that we had another one at home she could have and that seemed to make it a little better.

My friend and I got the kids a bunch of treats that they enjoyed and we did manage to stay the whole game.  The Everett was playing Seattle and unfortunately lost but it was a good fun time.  When we got home the kids were exhausted and to bed they went.  We had a big day on Sunday so I was really hoping for them to get some rest!




0 Comments: