Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Calm Before The Storm

Wow January flew by! For a lot of people January can be a blah month but for me it's probably the most relaxing as far as there is normally nothing going on. I just got done doing our February calendar and between now and the middle of March there is only one free weekend and only a handful of dates with nothing going on. With saying that then we start up to April and May which are becoming busy with stuff then summer is here! We are a busy family and I like it. The one downfall of that though is my kids have become that way and LOVE going places they are huge "doers."

Let's see what all went on this last month. We got some snow that the kids liked to play in. Alyssa loved making snow angels and having snow ball fights. She was very upset though that dance was cancelled as well as preschool. She then wanted the snow to be gone but quickly forgot about it as she was having fun playing in it. It was nice because we still braved the roads and made it to the gym. I'm not going to talk too much about the snow because honestly it is what it is and it drives me crazy the people around here and their obsession with the weather. It lasted about a week so we had ample opportunity to play in it. Knox did take a few face plants in it because it was so deep and didn't like that much but other than that he was having a good time.

One of the snow days Cory decided to get out of the house with Alyssa and took her to see Beauty And The Beast in 3D. She of course was so excited to go which is funny to me because we have it on video and she watches it ALL the time. I know how she loves going to the movies and picking out a treat. I think it was a treat for all of us. Knox got to nap in peace, Alyssa got to watch a princess movie, Cory spend some time with his daughter, and I got to sit by the fire and watch it snow while reading, it was a priceless afternoon!

We had our normal play dates with the besties that are always fun to do and entertaining. I have been working out like crazy to accomplish my goal before our vacation. It's been nice because a few months back Alyssa won a gift certificate for gymnastics at the gym. Well it wasn't just for gymnastics, it was for the Kidz Fit program. Which consisted of some activity everyday and unlimited childcare! She loved it! Unfortunately it was just for the month it might be something I will do again once in the summer for her.

She is now in a new dance studio. The one she was in abruptly closed on us. Which was kind of annoying and stressful but everything worked out in the end. I'm planning on signing Knox up for a Mommy/Me soccer. I can't believe I am doing that. I hate soccer and always said I would never have my kids play but that boy has energy that is crazy. For someone too who only naps every other day if I'm lucky I need to find something for him to do. We will see I'm still thinking there has to be something else for me to do with him where I don't have to be out in the rain.

The kids are becoming more and more entertaining to watch interact with each other. We were in the doctors office the other day and Knox touched Alyssa and this is how it went

Alyssa: Stop touching me please
Knox: Why
Alyssa: Because
Knox: Why
Alyssa: Cuz that's why
Knox: Oh

The doctor was laughing at this. They have many cute conversations through the day. Their new thing is Knox has to walk everywhere when we get out of the car so Alyssa informs him that you have to hold hands in a parking lot and grabs his hand and off they go. It's really stinking cute.

Another conversation went something like this.

Alyssa: Knox I love you
Knox: Why
Alyssa: Because your my brother
Knox: Oh

She has also started calling him Knox Boy. Not sure where or why she came up with this but whatever. Knox if you haven't noticed his favorite thing to say right now is why? It's funny because his normal response after that is "Oh." He also loves yelling out "Here I come!" He is such a crack up. He points out every bus, police car, truck, and Subaru Outback on the road. The Subaru because that's what Nana Gail drives. He is honestly very accurate. The first time I thought it was a fluke but he does it every time. He will also see a car and say "beep beep."

Well that was January in a nut shell nothing earth shattering but it has come and gone and now we are here and getting into February!

0 Comments: