Monday, February 20, 2012

Aquarium Fun With A Bestie


Awhile ago a friend and I both bought a Groupon for the Seattle Aquarium. It was a great deal, admission for one person. Our kids are free until the age of four so we needed to get to it since our girls birthdays were approaching quickly.

We picked the perfect day to go. After discussing what time and everything we would meet we decided to carpool which is always a lot more fun anyways. She came to my house bright and early and I drove down there. It worked out perfect putting the big girls in the back and the little men in the middle.

Once we got there and got everything situated we made our way over to the aquarium. The kids were so stinking cute all holding hands in a line.
Now the fun began! We made our way around looking at all the fish and the exhibits for awhile and then headed on back to watch the dive show.

Alyssa, Annabelle and Calvin all sat down in front and were intrigued. Well Calvin stayed for awhile and then decided Knox was having more fun running around so he joined in. Annabelle got one of her questions answered, which I can't remember what it was.
We continued on our journey looking at all the exhibits for some time. The biggest hit I think with the boys was the water fountain. We should have known.

After about two hours and a little melt down in the gift shop we made our way down the pier to go ride the carousel. The kids for the most part had fun but I had to hold Knox on there because there were no "seat belts" and he was so squirmy. Alyssa got nervous and was sliding off so I had to push her back up. Other than that it was a hit!

When we got done with it being such a nice day I hated to come back home so soon so we made our way over to one of our favorite spots, The Government Locks. Cory and I love going there especially on nice weekend days. It's kind of fun to listen to the arguments of people bringing their boats through.

We killed another hour and a half or so there and then headed back. We thought the kids would crash out on the way back but not so much only one did and it wasn't mine, rats! Anyways it was a great time and we look forward to doing many more outings like this, carpooling I mean.

Both my kids were in bad by 5:30 for the night and Cory and I enjoyed a nice evening to ourselves. I think we were actually able to watch a movie straight through!

0 Comments: