Monday, January 17, 2011

Move Over Martha Stewart


At the beginning of the year almost everyone resolution is to eat better, lose weight, and exercise more. Of course those are on my list and another one that I have been working on is being more creative in my meals I cook. I believe that anyone can be a good cook since all you have to do is follow a recipe and if you can do that presto.

What puts you above that is your creativity with those recipes. I'm trying. So far I haven't done anything but have tried several new meals that we all have enjoyed. When I say all I do mean the kids as well. I think our kids are some of the most spoiled as far as when it comes to eating. I wish I could just make a PB&J for them and call it good but I can't. I shouldn't say that because not every night is a gourmet meal and there will definitely be times when they get cereal for dinner. You get the point.


Some of the good treats this week were the sweet potato gnocchi, sauteed peppers onions and cherry tomatoes, and the pesto chicken wrapped on pancetta, and my "homemade" taco bowl with my own taco seasoning mix. It was a good week to eat in the Simmons household!

Organization is another must in this household. With two kids I'm sure everyone can only imagine how ugly it can get quick! What I love about some of these ideas is that not only are they functional but they can make life easier. More on that later. I hope you can endure a few posts here and there about randomness but this is our life.

0 Comments: