Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sky Valley And Foster's Farm


October has been an amazingly busy month for us. There has been something going on almost everyday and I can't complain. Alyssa has pretty much given up naps, which I had a hard time with at first but she is still getting between ten and twelve hours of sleep a night so I can't complain. On the other hand it has also been kind of nice because our bedtime routine is running smoothly again and there are no major meltdowns.

Alyssa's dance class is going amazingly well. She no longer needs me to be in there and she takes direction very well. It's very cute watching her learn some of the ballet moves. Every time she sees dancers on t.v. she gets excited and one of her favorite cartoons is Angelina Ballerina and not the weird animated one they have on Sprout but the one that I bought her. The mice on there actually look real.

We went to Sky Valley Gym with one of my mom's groups for open gym and had a blast. It was fun watching all the kids run around. It was also great to see everyone again as well. Such a great group of woman!


We made a spontaneous trip to Seattle on Tuesday. It's a long story and although Seattle isn't far it definitely wasn't in the plans. Once we got there I decided to head over to Trophy's for some cupcakes and made a game plan. It was such a beautiful day out. We decided to head over to Grammy's and had lunch and got to see Cory for a little while. We had a great time hanging out with Grammy as usual and I'm so thankful that we are able to get down there and have her see the kids on a somewhat regular basis.

October wouldn't be the same if you didn't go to a pumpkin patch. Thursday we made our first stop at a great farm in Arlington. I met a friend there and her kids and
we had a blast exploring. They had the usual stuff like all the other farms, we had wonderful weather, the owners were super nice there. I had a great conversation with the wife, I can't remember her name, but it was interesting talking with her about the family business.
Anyhow, like I said it was our first trip, we are hitting two more this week. Alyssa has her first field trip to one and than we are going as a family.

0 Comments: