Friday, April 9, 2010

It's here!

Just a little precursor: this may be long!

Well it's been a whirlwind of the last three weeks and can't believe Knox is almost a month old, Cory starts his "whoring" season tomorrow which I have a lot of mixed feelings about, and I'm alone to take on the household duties. What will the next six months bring us?
On one hand I'm happy that financially we will be living it up but on the other at what price? Not that I want to let everyone in on our personal business but when I quit work money did get tight because Cory and I do live at a certain standard and never cut back. I wouldn't say we live WAY beyond our means but we like to have FUN! What is life if you aren't having fun right!? Well you have to have the funds to do that and the lotto hasn't been being very nice to us so for the mean time the season is hear!
It's been great having him, Cory, around and I'm not sure exactly what will happen if anything when he is gone. My main thing that I need to focus on is for all of us, Alyssa, Knox and I, to get out of the house and have fun on a daily basis and create important fun memories for the kids and I! With my mom's group I have learned about so many places, activities and people that I will be able to do that with and look forward to that
With saying all of this after adding our little man to our family I have learned that I need to rearrange me schedule and life isn't quite as simple as having one child. I personally think infants are pretty easy to have but I have really lucked out as well and have great eaters and sleepers, so I may not be the right person to ask about this! It's my two year old who is keeping me on my toes and possibly turning some of my hair gray prematurely! I love that little girl to pieces but she will be the first to let you know when she doesn't like something or doesn't want to do something you ask of her. This can be a little challenging at times.
Most of Alyssa's activities are in the morning. Now before Knox, bath time and "my" time were in the morning. I'm still getting used to having another person to tend to so maybe my old schedule will come back one day but for now it's all been flipped upside down! Bath time is now at night, no ifs ands or's about it. Which probably isn't a bad thing anyhow. For the most part I clean the house at night now, with the exception of vacuuming and the kitchen because that is through out the day. I'm sure some are thinking just let it go, don't worry about it. No, I refuse to live in a sty just because I have children. It won't always be perfect but it can at least be put together. My "me" time is at night now as well. Which for the most part is fine because bedtime still remains the same.
As for the kids, Alyssa is doing great she is now signed up for gymnastics until the end of August and I will probably keep her in it beyond that. Knox in one week will be a month! Boy how time flies. As for Cory and I we will celebrate our five year anniversary at the end of this month and are headed to Lake Chelan for two nights while my mom watches the kids! We are so looking forward to that! I'm done rambling for now, just chalk it up to an excessive amount of coffee being drank daily!!

0 Comments: