Sunday, July 26, 2009

One busy week after another


This summer has been flying by! I can't believe it is almost August. This last week was Harley's 4th birthday. I can't believe how old he is. I watched the movie Marley and Me and that dog sure reminded me of Harley in a lot of ways and made me realize just how much I love him! Gave me a new appreciation for him since watching it which I'm sure Harley is enjoying! We celebrated Harley's birthday by getting him some cookies, a toy, and a walk that morning.
The following day Alyssa and I headed down to Vancouver, WA to go to her cousin Nolan's second birthday! He is turning into the cutest little man! The party was great, as always, and we enjoyed lots of good food and company. Alyssa seemed to be enjoying herself for she didn't nap at all except maybe 45min or so. Alyssa found Nolan's other grandmothers, Maureen, purse and took her cigarettes out. She decided to start chewing on them. It didn't seem to bother her too much and I'm not sure exactly how much she even got in her mouth but it was kind of funny and the purse got put away. Thanks Maureen : )
We ended up staying at a Hotel and swimming that night. We had a blast. Amanda, Nolan, and a friend of Amanda's from high school came over and we went swimming for about an hour or so. Afterwards Alyssa was exhausted and went straight to bed after her bath.
Yesterday Nicole came over and hung out with us for the day. We went to Mukilteo and went to the park by the water. We ended up not staying too long because surprisingly it was a little chilly. Both of us were starving so we headed into Snohomish and went to the Pie Shop and had lunch and pie. Yes, I had pie too. I actually bought one and have been eating it! Sorry, Mom! After Alyssa's nap we went up to Lavender Hills Farm right up the road from us. It's such a beautiful place. Alyssa ran around and I bought some lavender.
This next week is going to be busy as well. Alyssa's swim lessons start up and she has them twice a week through the end of August. She has a birthday party to go to on Wednesday, another children's concert and possibly Jetty Island. I'm still a little undecided if I'm going to go or not.

0 Comments: