Thursday, July 9, 2009

A lefty and Recess Monkey


So this last week Alyssa and I have tried to get back into the swing of things and back on our schedule of things. One of the things that I have been working on is getting her to walk on the grass. Yes, that's what I said grass! For some reason she hasn't liked it but the other day she decided it was OK and took off on it and I haven't been able to stop her since!

We were at the store the other day and I bought some color crayons because of all things I did not have any! So we came home and colored. She enjoyed it. She would color, put it in her mouth and color again. What I found the most interesting though is she will pick up with either hand but if it's in her right hand she will than switch to her left and color. A possible lefty, just like her mom!

Today we went and saw a local band called Recess Monkey. They are three male teachers who got together and now tour around putting on shows for kids. It was a fun time. Alyssa especially liked the hokey pokey when she was jumping or I was helping her jump. If anyone is interested here is their website: http://www.recessmonkeytown.com/ It's definitely worth checking out if your in the area.

Next week we are going to an ice cream parlor and tour and the Kangaroo Farm. She also has two birthday party's to attend in the next two weeks as well as her swim lessons that start back up at the end of this month. What a busy little girl!

0 Comments: