Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tahoe Vacation

It's been such a busy and beautiful week out and haven't spent much time catching everyone up.
Alyssa and I went down to visit my family in Gardnerville, NV. It was Alyssa's first plane ride and I was really nervous about how she would do and handling all the baggage we were bringing. My mom flew with us and that was a tremendous help. I tried to plan the flight around her nap time but with no luck on that. She did not want to miss out on anything! She was wonderful on the flight never cried once, just flirted with everyone around her.

We arrived at my sister's house in the early afternoon. Later that evening my nephew Jason and his wife Melissa came over for dinner, bringing their two little boys. Jackson is four months older than Alyssa and Robert was born this last February. They had never met Alyssa so this was a great opportunity to get everyone together. The kids were so dang cute! Jackson is a typical little boy just go go go! They have one of the cutest families!

The next day we hung out and went to the park. It was fun, I always enjoy taking Alyssa to the park. She enjoys it so much as well. There were a lot of ducks that we went to look at when we got there. We didn't bring any food for them. We wandered over to the play equipment which was fantastic. I had never seen a park like that before they just had so many slides! I would have loved that place when I was little.

On Wednesday we headed up to Lake Tahoe which is about twenty minutes from my sisters house. She lives down in the valley. We had wanted to go lay out on the beach but didn't think it would have been warm enough, so we didn't bring our swim suits or anything. When we got there is was perfect! We went to Camp Richardson and had a wonderful lunch and walked along the beach. After that we headed back to have another dinner with Jason and family before we left the next day. Again it was a great dinner and wonderful to see them.
The plane ride home was a little different than when we arrived. Alyssa hadn't been sleeping that well since we arrived and had been up since five thirty that morning. Our flight left at one in the afternoon. She was a little cranky on the plane but not horrible. Nothing that stressed me out. We had her blanky, sippy cup and the coveted snack cup to thwart off any major fits and for the most part it worked wonderfully. She was exhausted and just didn't want to miss anything a few times she found her thumb and grabbed her blanky and went to her happy place.

We arrived back in Portland, OR and headed back to my parents house. We were all exhausted. That night we got pizza from Bruno's, one of my favorite restaurants, and went to bed pretty early. Although my other sister Robin did stop by and we got to hang out for a while. Alyssa just loved it. Robin gets on her level to play with her and I think it just cracks her up!

0 Comments: