Thursday, December 18, 2008

First Snow


Well it had snowed a few days ago and we had an inch or so at the house, but yesterday it had really let loose and we got several more inches. What exactly did that mean? That meant it was time to play in the snow, build snowmen, and try out the new snow clothes!
We took Alyssa out back to see what she thought of the snow. I would say her reaction was "eh." She was a good trooper and stayed out there for a little while watching Harley run around like a mad man and Cory and I attempting to make a snowman. Alyssa reminded me of the little boy on the movie "The Christmas Story." She didn't mind her snow suit and it's actually very warm and kept her dry! I think this will be great for Leavenworth, if we make it there! Now what cracked me up is Harley hates going out there in the cold to go to the bathroom but to play in it he is all about it! He ran around chasing snow balls and tore into our snowman we tried to build. Alyssa thought this was hilarious although she normally does think Harley is pretty funny.
Cory and I are getting somewhat cabin fever so we will probably head to Target or somewhere again today just to get out of the house. We didn't pick up formula or diapers yesterday and I hadn't realized how low we were so now it's a must! Foolish us!!!!
On Sunday we are supposed to be heading to Leavenworth with one of my best girlfriends and her family for a few days. Hopefully we make it. With all the snow down here I'm sure the passes are a million times worse! We will see!
Alyssa is still taking small steps around the tables and furniture and has several more teeth starting to come in. I'm really looking forward to her first Christmas. I think it will be a great one! The other day Alyssa and I met a friend for lunch at Claim Jumper. I found out that they offer a complimentary plate of food for baby's!!! Now I was pretty excited because I have found that if I order something for Alyssa it's somewhat a waste of money. I only say that because she isn't to the point yet where she will eat or even make a dent in it. I do end up taking it home but still. The water brings this plate and on it it had applesauce, cheese, pears, and some turkey! I was quite impressed. She loved it, I loved it! Way to go Claim Jumper's!!! I think they are definitely onto something there! Anyone for lunch!?!?!?!?!
Well for those of you who have been asking and or wondering. All is back to normal in the Simmons household. Harley is back to 100% and although sometimes that can be exhausting I am very thankful. It was a rough week and a half but we have our first baby healthy again! Here are some videos of his love for the snow. Enjoy!!!!!

0 Comments: