Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Vacation


We have had a great week. Cory was able to take some vacation and actually had Christmas off this year! Some of our plans had gotten cancelled due to the snow and people not willing to take risks so we had to re-group. This will be my only rant about people who live in the Northwest and how incompetent they are when life gives them a little bit of a challenge, SNOW. It amazes me how some peoples lives just shut down. Anyhow, we have been enjoying it a lot!

We have been taking Harley to the dog park by us that he absolutely loves. He has also enjoyed playing in the snow. I have been nervous about taking Harley because he can be a handful at times. I wasn't exactly sure if he would play with the dogs or be more interested in the people like he normally is.
We started some great traditions with Alyssa that Cory and I had growing up. One was of course the Santa picture and than on Christmas Eve Alyssa got her Christmas pajamas and ornament. I had always gotten pajamas on Christmas Eve from my Grandparents and I am going to continue the tradition with Alyssa.

Christmas was wonderful and very busy. We had family up at the house and some good friends of ours. It went off without a hitch! The menu was wonderful and we had a great scrabble tournament going, although some people are CHEATERS!!!!!!

Alyssa got some great gifts from everyone and she has been enjoying them a ton! She still has some teeth coming in and has been drooling like a fool and a tad cranky at times. She is crawling like a mad woman and walking around the tables and couches and pushing her toys. Here is a great video of her walking with one of her toys. I promise she didn't get hurt just a little startled.

0 Comments: