Saturday, December 6, 2008

Any day now....has it arrived?

Well I have been seeing the signs for awhile now and have thought it would happen at any moment. It didn't, but Alyssa is finally starting to do her version of a crawl. She moves her knees and legs forward and then throws her upper body forward and falls onto the floor. She will do this several times until she gets where she wants to go or just frustrated. Hopefully she will figure it out.

Next week will be officially my last week of work. I have been helping out at my old job a few times a week until they could find a replacement since the other one didn't work out. Now that the time has come I'm going back to my SAHM (stay at home mom) duties. I still plan on going into Seattle a lot so G. Grammy can see her little girl and watch her grow. I have several other things that I am looking forward to doing with Alyssa and for myself!

Alyssa took two steps today along the table which I thought was great. She also held on to the couch with one hand and the table with the other and took a step. She really knows how to make her mother proud. We had some friends over for dinner the other night and she had lasagna for the first time and loved it. Kind of funny I don't think there is a food yet that she doesn't like. I'm starting to let her play more with her food and she does a great job of putting the fork and spoon into her mouth by herself. She doesn't always get the food on it but she is trying. She even managed to pick up her plate and toss her pasta and veggies onto the floor. I thank Harley for his clean up help there! It's kind of interesting she is showing favor to her left hand. Do we have another lefty in the family finally?!?!?

1 Comment:

Chris and Mandy said...

Hey there! Owen did the same thing with the lunging forward. Once he reached that point it only took a few days for him to actually crawl. Any updates on Harley? Hopefully he's feeling much better!