Wednesday, November 19, 2008

9 month check up

Last night we went to one of our favorite Italian restaurants with some friends of ours. As always it was fabulous. If anyone lives up in the Lake Stevens area you have to try Luca's, it's the best. We have been trying for over a year to get together with these friends for dinner here. We wanted to go on a Tuesday because all of their wine is half off and all of us really enjoy vino! I was a little nervous because we didn't go until 7pm which is about Alyssa's bedtime. She had gone down for a late nap and she did fabulous! She was in the best of spirits, surprisingly enough since she cried during the long walk we took her on before dinner. She was loving Doug's watch and kept trying to pull it off of him. My little girl loves jewelry! The best part of the night though was when the waitress was pouring some wine or water across the table and Alyssa put her hand on the waitress's butt! It was hilarious, everyone was laughing.

Wednesday Alyssa had her 9 month check up. She is 21.15 lbs, Height 27.5 & HC is 18. She got another shot which she did pretty good through, and was just going crazy talking with the nurse. The doctor told me to start letting her feed herself which I am having a hard time doing. It makes such a mess!!! I am going to give it a try. I am also going to start feeding her more adult food. That sounds funny, but more food that Cory and I eat. We gave her some pizza which she loved, ham, chicken, avocado she pretty much isn't a picky eater so far. Hopefully it stays that way because our house is not a restaurant!!

I gave her one of her Christmas presents early the other day that I had got her. It's a little colorful bike that you scoot on and you can have the handle come up on it and push it to be able to practice walking. She can stand and push it but she slides to the side and falls over with it. So she will definitely need to practice with that one and she enjoys sitting on it but hasn't figured out how to push it yet. She really enjoys it when you push her around on it though, she gets laughing pretty hard. I have to tell her to breathe!


Cory and I are headed up to Vancouver B.C. on Monday to celebrate Cory's birthday. We are going to go to the Vancouver Canucks game. I am pretty excited because it is my first NHL game and it will be a night alone! Than we have a busy week with family arriving and getting ready for Thanksgiving.








0 Comments: