Friday, September 26, 2008

Swim Lessons




We finally made it back to swim lessons after being sick for awhile. I still have my cough but other than that we are all good to go. Cory was able to go to his first swim lesson with Alyssa. He had a good time seeing what she did. She was playing with the ball and trying to eat it, of course. I would throw it a little in front of us and have her try to grab it. She did pretty good considering the water obviously moving it and everything. Alyssa is learning how to pick up her strawberry apple puffs but hasn't figured out how to put it in her mouth yet. These are great because they are somewhat like cheerios but the dissolve in your mouth so you don't have to worry as much about choking. She has enjoyed eating them and crunching down with her teeth. She was startled the first time that she did this and the sound it made her expression was priceless.


Not much more has been going on. Cory is winding down from working Mariners and I have been busy with working part time and taking care of everything else at the house. We have some fun stuff coming up, a couple of concerts, golfing, and a trip over to Lake Chelan and of course Halloween. I can't wait to go and pick up our pumpkins from the farm and bring them back and carve them. It's great because right down the road from us we have this wonderful farm, Carleton Farm, that has a corn maze, a pumpkin cannon, hay rides and animals. As well as a lot of great produce, homemade jams/jelly's, salsa, and salad dressings. This place is great! If you haven't been there you should definitely go. Of course it will be a lot more fun once Alyssa is older but it will still be a blast! Cory has also informed me that since he is done with Mariners it's back to hitting the gym hard and eating good again. So I am going to try and not make any more desserts. We will see how well that goes. I need to find a happy medium with this. Especially since the holidays are coming up and I want to start some traditions with Alyssa that I did with my mom growing up.

0 Comments: