Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First day of swim lessons

Today was Alyssa's first day of swimming lessons. I wasn't sure exactly how the facility was so I got us already at home and planned on wearing our cover ups home. Alyssa was in one of her little swimsuits and she got to wear a Dora swim diaper for the first time. We got to Forest Park in Everett and put our belongings into the locker room. We then headed to the shower to rinse off before heading out to the pool. The pool is huge and they have picnic tables and benches for other friends/family members to watch at. The instructor, Ewan, had us get into the pool and explained how things would go. There would be some free play time and song time. Song time was great. We sang songs that everyone new with water movement. Alyssa loved it, especially when we did jumping in the pool. She never did get fussy. I was a little worried about that because the lessons are right at nap time. She was rubbing her eyes a few times but remained a good sport and kept playing and kicking. It was a fun time. I hope she continues to enjoy it. I have her signed up thru November so if things continue to go well I will sign her up for more.
she is doing absolutely fabulous. She continues to change day by day. She loves playing in her exersaucer and turning around in it. Her bottom front teeth continue to come in and I noticed her front top in is starting to come out. I can see a little white tip poking out. She has been relatively unfussy from this. When she does start to fuss tho I put some Orajel on it and give her a little Tylenol and she is good to go.

0 Comments: