Saturday, August 23, 2008

Food, Food, Food


I think Alyssa and I are having fun trying out new types of food. Her tasting them and me making them. At this point the front runners are broccoli and applesauce. I don't know which one she likes more but she gobbles them up quick. I've been buying the apple sauce at this point but might try and make it this fall. She also likes her sweet potatoes, sorry dad! One of the bought jars, the turkey dinner, she absolutely hates which I don't blame her it was nasty. She also didn't like the bananas that I mashed up for her but hopefully they will grow on her because I use them a lot. I found this great website that I have been using for ideas and stuff. It's amazing all the different things you can make and how much cheaper it is to use "normal" food instead of the baby food. I added this link to our site as well. It's amazing the things that I have learned on their about food especially the berries. For example that strawberries and blackberries are considered an exotic fruit but not kiwi. And blueberries and cranberries aren't considered to be a "true" berrie which they consider mild to highly allergenic. Anyways it's a great website with lots and lots of info. I have just been taking plain vegetables and pureeing them at this point, I'm going to do spinach and carrots next. I will have to try some of the recipes on the site they don't sound all that bad.
I'm getting excited because we are heading down to Long Beach for a few days on Labor Day. This is somewhere where Cory and I spent a lot of time growing up since we were only an hour and a half away from. So it will be fun to bring her out there and drive on the beach. Surprising that hasn't been outlawed in Washington yet. Our doctor gave us some good advice about her eating sand tho. His daughter had done this recently who is nine months old and it went right thru her. So when he was changing the diaper the sand was there and he had taken a wipe and it became like sand paper on her behind. Poor girl. So he advised us not to do that and just rinse off. It was actually quite comical when he was telling us the story. Something that I guess you wouldn't really think of either. Kids are going to eat the sand and it does have to come out so anyways we are really looking forward to bringing the family down there. Hopefully there will be some nice weather, although I prefer it stormy!

0 Comments: